INCOME TAX EMPLOYEES FEDERATION,
A/2/95, Rajouri Garden,
New Delhi 110 027
Telephone No : 2510 5324 Telefax 2513 1593
Mobile 98110 48303
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
We send herewith a copy of the confederation circular No. 12/2008 dated 31.July.2008 for appropriate action at your end.
Copy of the confederation Circular.No.12/2008
Conf/ D-11/12 /2008 Dated: 31st July, 2008
We send herewith a copy of the letter addressed to the Cabinet Secretary dated 3rd August, 2008, which would be submitted on 4th August, 2008 This is the copy of the strike notice which the confederation would be serving on the Government on 4th August, 2008 as per the decision taken at the National convention held at New Delhi on 8th July, 2008. The charter of demands in pursuance of which we would be organizing the strike action is also enclosed to the above cited letter. Kindly ensure that the similar strike notices are served on all Heads of Departments by the respective affiliated organizations. The branches and units of the affiliates may kindly submit a copy of the respective strike notices with a covering letter to the Heads of offices for information and intimation. Necessary instruction may kindly be issued in this regard to the branches.
As of writing this letter, we have no intimation of the Committee of Secretaries having finalized their report on the 6th CPC recommendations. We also do not know whether another round of discussions would be held with the staff side once the COS finalizes their views. However, there is strong pressure being exerted on the Govt. not to release the arrears to the employees as it might further intensify the inflationary impact on the economy.
As has been indicated in our last circular letter, the National Executive will have an emergent meeting as and when the Government makes its view on the 6th CPC recommendations known.
Serious efforts may be undertaken to make the 20th August 08 strike a grand success.
CONFEDERATION OF CENTRAL GOVERNMENT
EMPLOYEES AND WORKERS
A/2/95 Rajouri Garden
New Delhi. 110 027
Phone: 011 2510 5324
Fax 011 2510 5324
Mobile: 98110 48303
Conf/ D-9/2007 Dated: 3rd August, 2008
The Cabinet Secretary,
Rastrapathy Bhawan Annexe,
New Delhi – 110 001.
This is to give notice that the employees who are members of the affiliates of the Confederation of Central Government employees and workers will go on a day's strike on 20th August, 2008. The Demands in pursuance of which the employees will embark upon the one day strike action is enclosed.
Enclosure, Charter of Demands.
The demands adopted by National convention of Central and State Government employees and University, college and School teachers on 8th July, 2008
- Accept the modifications suggested by the Staff Side JCM in the Standing Committee meeting held on 7th May, 2008 and implement the 6th CPC recommendations accordingly.
- Afford right to strike to Government employees
- Withdraw the new contributory Pension scheme and extend the existing defined benefit pension scheme to all Govt. employees including those recruited after 1.1.2004.
- Stop privatization, corporatisation and downsizing of Government department and abandon the neo-liberal economic policies.
The Demands adopted in National Convention of Trade Unions on 13 May 2008
- Take urgent step to contain price-rise through (a) universalizing the public distribution system throughout the country to cater all essential commodities at controlled price through PDS, (b) ban on futures and forward trading in all essential commodities, (C) reduction of tax in petrol and diesel, (d) stringent action against hoarding and black marketing.
- Strict implementation of all labour laws particularly in respect of minimum wages, working hours, social security and safety and stringent action against all cases of violations; stop contractorisation and outsourcing
- Scope of the Unorganised Sector Workers Social Security Bill pending in Parliament should be expanded to cover all unorganised sector workers irrespective of BPL or APL category to ensure a national minimum social security benefit for them as per unanimous recommendation of the National Commission for Enterprises in the Unorganised Sector (NCEUS) and the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Labour with Central Govt Funding.
- Farmers Loan Waiver Scheme to be extended to loans from private moneylenders; nationalized banks to extend easy credit to peasants at lower interest rate.
- Lift ban on recruitment in Govt services; remove the negative and discriminatory features in the recommendation of 6th Pay Commission and finalise the same for implementation in consultation with the employees organisations; expedite regularization and grant of pension to 'gramin dak-sevaks.'
- Expedite wage negotiation for the employees of Central PSUs including the contract workers without any conditionality.